Until autumn of 2011, I engaged in a morning exercise that complemented my three times weekly workout which also ceased at that time although I had done it for over two decades. Just recently started getting back in motion, so to speak, and want to share my BEXERCISES as I call them. Every day when I wake up, I stretch. I stretch my limbs out and feel how good it feels to be all stretched out before I get up. Okay, I used to do this every day, as I said, still working on it. But here is what follows my stretching when I am able to do it:
BEXERCISES (c) AuroraMorealist
(These improve my own personal flexibility, motion, dance moves and well… everything is easier!)
1. Lying on my back on the bed I raise my held together legs both straight up so feet are pointing to the ceiling and then slowly lower my legs down to feel the gentle tug in my abdomen where this, I find, really works to help strengthen and flatten.
2. Still on my back, I do the bicycle with elbows out, hands clasped behind my head and nose aiming for each knee as it bends toward me.
3. On my back with knees both bent as though I am sitting in an imaginary chair, I reach with both arms to the left of my knees, to the right of my knees, criss crossing sensation in my abdomen follows.
4. On my side with the leg on the bed bent at the knee, I lift one leg slowly as high as I can (think scissor motion) and then lower it to the resting knee.
5. Flip over and repeat with other leg.
Drink lots of water pronto is the only other thing I do, have to, I get thirsty from doing these.
That’s it. Five little bexercises that not only give me a bit of a workout before getting out of bed but leave me feeling much better whenever I can manage to do them. The numbers are yours to play with as per your doctor’s guidance. 100 of each movement was my standard but the past couple years of shock waves have left me somewhere in the twenties for each. On days I can even do them, that is.
What I like about this: It jump starts me and I then look through out the day for other ways to add on to my physical activity, stairs, parking far from entrances, walking to get the milk, anything that will add some movement because I only lose weight or stay as fit as I’ll ever be with movement. Diet alone will not work for me. I need to feel it sweating off of me. Besides I love the way I used to feel so strong, I could move rocks in my former gardens that weighed 3x me by using a dolly when landscaping. Or move our 110 lb dog out of my way if he wouldn’t budge.
Working on mine, working on everything as best I can.
(c) AuroraMorealist Aug9,2013