- those who are chronically always beyond “fashionably late,” clocking hours without notice, squawk loudest if you keep them waiting ten minutes (through no fault of your own)?
- those who claim to “know” so much “truth” based entirely on hearsay are so assuming about others?
- when you are in an almighty hurry, you slam your finger in the cabinet door, have to now stop it bloodletting on your best white shirt you were going to wear to the interview?
- “sorry” is such a hard word for some and such an easy word for others who never really mean it anyway but utter it blithely to carry on exactly as they were?
- why, when you tell someone you are truly sorry for the miscommunication or perfectly logical misunderstanding between you that originated with THEM in the first place, they ignore you as if you never even apologized?
- the hem of my dress goes right when I least need it and the meant to look undone hem on my T-shirt is actually half-hemmed?
- those who commit the worst emotional crimes against those they claim to love also “blame” those they claim to love instead of being accountable to their very own mirrors?
- when I wear my sweater backward or inside out all day long, it works perfectly well until I am taking it off and realize what I’ve done?
- just when you get a job you can do very well and actually like, somebody’s “brother” needs a job and you are laid off?
- my neighbour’s cat adores me and I he (we have the same colour of hair and he knows I put cold water out for him in the summertime, is always thanking me for it) and yet I am allergic as hell to the poor thing?
- people we “think” we know can dupe us best (as in the past two years where two men and a two decades very close girlfriend “took” my loyalties and misplaced trust to a whole new low)?
- everyone loves everything positive and will spout endlessly or “like” your tweets, Facebook updates, etc but ONLY if they are positive? Is this punishment for being “real” and processing life’s experiences to get to the positives again? Or is their life simply so perfectly “UNREAL” they truly don’t understand the realities of human challenges?
- why is it so hard to find love and yet so easy for us to love others?
- all the booty style slippers left on the rack for five bucks are size small when your ankles have been cold for months and you were waiting for just such a sale?
- that people who claim to be such good friends vanish whenever life goes grey for you especially when you were there for them for all their decades of tears and your losses/mourning/learning has only been over the past couple years?
- when you are making chicken soup for the soul, it grows thicker and thicker and thicker until you realize this is chicken stew and suck it up anyway?
- why do people say gnochhi when they mean gluey little dumpling?
- that you are feeling low and on that very day a cheerful message or three, as in a recent day of mine, all arrive to tell you just how fine you are?
- when you lose your coping skills, it is assumed you lost your intelligence right along with them?
- that you finally get a ticket to a see a performance and meet a relative you’ve never met only to find yourself sitting in the front row right in front of her microphone when you thought the ticket seller said row 8-10 and it was A-10? Smiles.
Okay, that’s it for today and I truly don’t expect any answers. Just saying.
I know I should stop asking why. But how else can I learn?